• Supports parents in working with their child/children’s emotional and developmental issues
• Teaches parents how to facilitate a growth producing atmosphere in which the child can reach his/her full potential
• Trains parents in basic child-centred play therapy principles and skills
• Teaches basic play-therapy skills and provides an opportunity for parents to experience play therapy themselves.
• Provide parents with support and information in creating an environment that enhances the child-parent relationship, thus facilitating personal growth and change for child and parent.